Healthcare software, solutions, and services provider honored for employee health and well-being programs
ITASCA, IL (July 8, 2015) – LaunchPoint, a provider of cloud-based software, solutions and services for healthcare organizations, has been recognized as a Gold-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association for the second year in a row. The award honors LaunchPoint for encouraging its employees to eat better and stay active through its Swellness Program, which promotes, “It’s swell to be well.” LaunchPoint deepened its commitment to the program in 2015 with the addition of a “Swellness Culture Committee,” comprised of employees who develop and cultivate fresh Swellness initiatives.
“We are honored our Swellness program is recognized by the American Heart Association again with the Fit-Friendly Worksite Award,” said Terrence Ryan, LaunchPoint CEO. “As a healthcare focused business, we encourage a healthier and fit workforce while simultaneously building a culture of camaraderie among members of our organization.”
LaunchPoint’s Swellness Program promotes fun and supports employees in achieving better health and wellness through activities and offerings such as:
- Company sponsorship for a variety of 5Ks and races, such as the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life, Santa Run, Turkey Trot, and more
- Access to a large network of fitness facilities for a low monthly fee through our insurance carrier
- A relaxed dress environment that includes “athleisure” clothes that allow employees to wear work-appropriate exercise clothes to workout in before, during, or after work at the on-site gym or fitness facility of their choice
- “Wednesday Walking Club” where employees are invited to walk one of two mapped courses on the grounds surrounding the LaunchPoint office
- Wellness-based Corporate Service Awards such as gym bags, massages, bikes, fitness club or class, or a Fitbit exercise monitoring system
- Future plans to offer biometric assessments to provide a benchmark for employees to measure fitness progress
- Walking meetings wherein teams are encouraged to hold meetings away from the conference room and on the walking courses
- “Hey Nineteen,” a fitness challenge that encouraged some friendly competition to see who could climb the 19 flights of stairs to the LaunchPoint office in the shortest amount of time
- Fitness Fridays, in which the company schedules light fitness activities or health education sessions that take place during the workday that have included activities such as yoga, Ultimate Frisbee, badminton tournaments, meditation, and a nutritionist
LaunchPoint operates businesses that provide cloud-based solutions, software, and services for healthcare organizations. Its two divisions are Discovery Health Partners, provider of payment integrity software and solutions for healthcare payers, and Ajilitee, a healthcare information and analytics consulting business.
# # #