November 18-20, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Tina McCoppin will be presenting: “It’s Time. The Data Stewardship Career Path” on Tuesday, November 19, 10:30–11:20 a.m.
Data Governance is now an established discipline throughout the public and private sector. Look around at the attendees of the DGIQ conferences and you will see representatives from all types of industries (healthcare, telecommunications, insurance, financial & banking, technology companies, etc.); in the public sector (State programs, Federal departments and offices); in educational institutions and non-profit organizations (universities, churches, charities).
This session makes the argument that it is time to recognize the “Data Steward Career” – and work to institutionalize it within these organizations and companies. Human Resources and senior management should have the role clearly articulated in the organization’s list of jobs, as well as a designated pay scale and career path.
We’ll discuss an organization that formalized the role as a full-time position, one in which the role served as a path to the Management Track. Using that organization as a template, this session will discuss the following:
- Career Levels (Data Steward, Master Data Steward, Chief Data Officer)
- Roles and responsibilities of each
- Demonstration of skills and traits such as
- Manage projects, delivering on time and within budget
- Manage and motivate others
- Work with individuals across all levels of the enterprise – from operational staff to mid-level managers to senior and C-level management
- Exhibit presentation, communication and persuasion skills
- Demonstrate data analysis, data security, data profiling expertise
Visit the conference website>>