Healthcare analytics provider takes steps to increase employee health and well-being
ITASCA, IL (July 10, 2014) – LaunchPoint, a provider of cloud-based healthcare analytic solutions and services, has been recognized as a Gold-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association for encouraging its employees to eat better and move more.
“As a business focused on serving the healthcare industry, it is important that we ‘walk the walk,’ not just by encouraging our employees to lead healthy lifestyles at home and at work, but by providing them the tools and support they need to facilitate healthy behaviors, including pedometers, fitness challenges, and tracking technology such as that provided by the American Heart Association site,” said Terrence Ryan, LaunchPoint CEO.
LaunchPoint attributes its designation directly to the implementation of its Swellness Program, a wellness program that promotes fun and supports employees in building better health and wellness through activities and offerings such as:
- Free pedometers and associated training on their use, issued as a standard part of the onboarding process for new employees
- Complimentary healthy snack and beverage choices
- “Wednesday Walking Club” where employees are invited to walk one of two mapped courses on the grounds surrounding the LaunchPoint office
- Individual and team fitness-health challenges tracked on the American Heart Association’s fitness tracking site, including a Monthly Fitness Challenge, which provides gift card rewards for employees who walked the most steps, covered the greatest distances, and pursued the largest range of activities
- Walking meetings wherein teams are encouraged to hold meetings away from the conference room and on the walking courses
- “Hey Nineteen,” a fitness challenge that encouraged some friendly competition to see who could walk the 19 flights of stairs to the LaunchPoint office in the shortest amount of time
- Fitness Fridays, in which the company schedules light fitness activities that take place during the workday that have included everything from yoga to badminton tournaments
In addition to these offerings, several other Swellness programs were considered in the designation process. LaunchPoint is also adding more depth to the Swellness program throughout 2014, including a new “Swellness Studio” dedicated to fitness activity, classes and education sessions in an effort to support the health and fitness of its employees and to encourage increased productivity through well-being.
LaunchPoint provides information-centric enterprise services and solutions for healthcare organizations, specializing in the powerful blend of information management, analytics and cloud computing. Corporate divisions Ajilitee and Discovery Health Partners deliver highly flexible, scalable and cost-efficient solutions that enable customers to innovate with information and advance their competitive position. More information is available at www.launchpointcorporation.com, www.ajilitee.com and www.discoveryhealthpartners.com.
# # #