The Healthcare Business Data Analyst Lead will lead the “Interfaces” team, responsible for analyzing, documenting and synthesizing the requirements for a large number of batch and real-time interfaces. The analysis includes the collection, collation, and clarification of data elements and business rules. This work will define the scope and requirements to ready documents for inputs to design work by real-time and batch services producers and consumers.
The BDA Lead is responsible for leading and performing the work with a team of 8-10 analysts. The deliverables include Interface Requirements Documents (IRDs), describing the functional content that the source system does, and technical requirements, describing data content and business rules. A typical effort involves working with source system SMEs to obtain documentation, asking questions, and clarifying understanding. The Lead will also need to often, but not always, take the lead in interviewing SMEs, organizing meetings, and ensuring that the proper level of due diligence has been performed. The Lead will also be responsible for ensuring the quality and completeness of the deliverables provided to system designers.
Project Technical Lead
- Plans and directs daily activities of the BDA team ensuring team members are productive.
- Ensures meetings and other collaborative activities are scheduled and conducted in a timely manner.
- Creates IRD content for complex business case scenarios.
- Conducts data analysis and data profiling to understand source data content.
- Ensures functional requirements, business rules, and data elements are well documented.
- Collaborates with real-time and batch system team members to ensure the content is understood, refined where feedback is given, and communicated as part of the project plan.
- Gains consensus with business and IT subject matter experts on the content of deliverables.
- Works with the Project Technical Lead to define the approach to requirements gathering.
- Reports BDA team status to the Project Technical Lead.
- 5-7 years of systems and business analysis experience in the healthcare arena.
- Domain knowledge and expertise in health insurance claims, provider and member (preferred) subject areas.
- Experience managing a team of analysts through a minimum of two projects.
- Ability to develop work plans and track assignments with minimal guidance.
- Strong ability to work with system owners and subject matter experts to obtain and document requirements and manage stakeholder expectations
- Demonstrated strong SQL skills
- Ability to apply MS Access and MS Excel to data analysis
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- SQL certifications
- Training on healthcare systems such Trizetto, NASCO or other common claims or enrollment systems
- MS Office
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.