The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database/application environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives. Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases environment. Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment. Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas. Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary. Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications. Work with the transaction processing area to develop both the physical and the logical database administration functions and assists in the development of our processing database and computing environments. Work with others in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process. Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- 4 -5 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- 4-5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Understands the concept of replication and CDC.
- Designed and maintained a failover strategy.
- Strong hands on performance tuning.
- Implementing policies and other strategies to maintain database health.
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- SQL Server 2008R8
- Database Administration
- Database Tuning
- Database Management
- Database Security
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
- MCSE Certification a plus
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Database Administrator (DBA)