Significant client demand has created an immediate demand for a strong Business Development Manager. Our Business Development Managers play a key role in the prospecting of key executives to identify new business opportunities for the firm. They work closely with our practice leaders and other senior leaders to identify relevant and strategic business issues facing a prospective client and identify the appropriate team to effectively communicate an integrated solution for the client.
Successful candidates will be the those that have worked in sales for either a “Big Consultancy” or “Big Software” company and have focused on healthcare – payer would be best. Even more ideal would be someone who worked in the Healthcare Analytics space. Company examples include IBM, Deloitte, Accenture, Oracle, HP (not the hardware sale side), Trizetto, Teradat, Inovalon, MedeAnalytics, etc.
For consideration, a desirable candidate will meet and/or exceed the following requirements.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Proven track record of success in lead generation i.e. , prospecting, cold calling, email campaigns at the Director, VP and C levels, to identify relevant opportunities.
- Proven success consistently meeting and exceeding an annual sales quota of at least $4 million dollars.
- Solid understanding of or past experience selling solutions focused around healthcare payer business solutions (cost containment, claims systems or business intelligence a plus)
- Demonstrated success working in a team-based environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to the client site as needed.
Skill sets required, education, experience:
- Adept at creating powerful presentations and proposals that reflect the needs of the client.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com or other salesforce automation system.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience selling software and/or services to Fortune 500 healthcare clients (healthcare payer focus is a plus) for a solutions driven organization.
Employee Type (Full Time/Part Time): Full Time
Location: West Coast (California or Washington State), Mid-Atlantic or Southeast, (DC, Atlanta, NC) or Central (Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc.)
Travel required (Yes/No)? Yes, about 50%
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.